4/25/19 11:33 AM
Now that swim season is almost upon us, we’d like to share some things you may not know about the new Nocatee Spray Park. Residents can splash, play, relax, eat and more at the new amenity that opened March 9 with a festive grand opening celebration.
Here are nine Nocatee Spray Park fun facts:
- 1.) The four-story above ground interactive spray playground, Whale Harbor, is the tallest of its kind in Northeast Florida.
- 2.) The main pool, surrounding Whale Harbor, has over 17,000 square feet of surface area, making it the largest pool in Nocatee, almost twice as large as the Lagoon Pool in Nocatee Splash Park.
- 3.) The slides and play structure were built by ProSlide Technology, considered the best water slide manufacturer in the world. ProSlide also built Volcano Bay for Universal Studios in Orlando.
- 4.) There are over 75 water features on the main Whale Harbor structure.
- 5.) There are five water slides with two being enclosed creating a dark slide.
- 6.) The main pool, Whale Harbor holds just 50,000 gallons of water. The Spray Pad and Scuttle Cove hold about 2,500 gallons.
- 7.) The underground holding tank for the main pool is 10,000 gallons (20% of the pool volume).
- 8.) The pools are treated with a state of the art chemical controller system that monitors Chlorine, Ph and ORP and makes adjustments 24 hours a day.
- 9.) There are over 750 chairs currently placed in the park. Time to kick back and relax!
The Spray Park also includes Serenity Bay, a resort-style beach environment with beach volleyball and blue sand cabanas available to residents on a first come first served basis. For Nocatee’s youngest residents, Scuttle Cove is a smaller spray park for younger children. Also included is Paradise Park playground featuring multiple tunnels, astro turf and shaded areas.
The neighboring event field, Nocatee Station Field, is the new home for community events and concerts, including the monthly Nocatee Farmers Market, the Roscolusa Songwriters Festival, drive-in movie nights, concerts and more. Blue Water Bar & Grill with its large deck and food court is also accessible from the new event field.